Providing info on foraging for edible plants, such as berries, mushrooms, and more!
Stories from the forest and other outdoor gathering adventures.

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Nutrisystem: Day 13

Dear Fat People Video

I've been watching a lot of videos on YouTube lately.  I watched the video "Dear Fat People".  She made a lot of jokes and she theatrisized a lot of things--like comedians do.  It made me laugh.  It wasn't directed at an individual so it wasn't bullying.  We live in a country where even our president bullies people on a daily basis, yet this video was ripped apart by so many... I started to watch the video of the comedian going on The View, and I had to turn it off.  They only brought her on there to tear her apart.  To verbally beat the heck out of her--and I can't stand to watch one sided fights. 

Day 8-13

I'm down 13.9 lbs.  Twice my weight has bobbled in the past week.  Saturday was my SOs birthday party.  We had pizza, breadsticks, brownies, and sugar-free apple pie.  I decided I was going to have one piece of pizza (I decided this a few days in advanced).  It was about 270 calories per piece so I knew I could fit it into my day.  Well I ended up having two pieces and a piece of the apple pie.  All the food was so good and anyone I talked to said you have to have a "cheat day" once in a while, as did this video with BeardedFatLoss.  I made sure I still stayed under my daily calorie intake but of course the next day I weighed a pound more even though I ate 1100 calories.  It makes you reflect on the nutritionist saying "a calorie in is not a calorie out" and other food inequalities.

I also had a venison burger and I used ketchup and mayo and it was amazing two days ago.  It was like 500 and some calories but it was awesome and it was worth it, still keeping under 1100 calories that day.  Both days I went on a 6.5 mile bike ride and a 1 mile run to try to counteract the food choices too.

Calorie Counting and Toxic Habits

I watched this other video and it kind of got my attention from Jordan Shrinks.  I know I've done it before and it's definitely been on my mind.  She mentioned that on her weight loss journey, she eventually had to quit counting calories because they created what she called "toxic habits".  She said that, for example, she would compare a bag of 100 calorie chips to an 110 calorie apple, and eat the bag of chips because it was lower in calories.  I find myself doing this too. 

The reason I've been thinking a lot about this is because I had started eating a lot of whole foods the last six months or so.  I ate about 2-3 cups of raw carrots every day; I was making my own bread with whole wheat, rye, etc. etc.  eating at least a large handful of spinach every day; eating eggs and potatoes and chicken and venison; homemade heirloom yogurt; apples and bananas.  I was cooking or preparing every meal.  I was gaining weight very slightly.  And I know it's not because I was eating whole foods, but as loosing weight is my main objective right now, I've kind of had to mentally let go that processed foods are "bad".  Hence Nutrisystem.  And I guess it's working for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment